Today at the 10:00 a.m. Bilingual Mass is the celebration of the commissioning ceremony for me as your Parish Director. Father Paul DeMuth, representing Bishop Ricken, will ask for my consent to serve the Catholic Community of St. Thomas the Apostle faithfully as a follower of Jesus, and in obedience to our Bishop. It is a formality, yes, but NOT one that I take lightly. I truly believe that God has guided me to your faith community here in Newton, and humbly pray that I always respond to your needs as best I am able, being grateful for all to which God has invited me. Read more…
In her own words on the parish’s internet site, Sister Marlita Henseler, OSF, wrote about the significance of this September 20, 2009 special Sunday commissioning appointing her the Parish Director of the Diocese of Green Bay‘s Catholic Community of St. Thomas the Apostle, Newton, WI. Indeed, ‘St. Thomas the Apostle Convent’ is also added to the roster of Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity homes for Sister Maryl Gardner, OSF, is a Sisterly support and companion reaching out where her gifts are best served in the parish community.
- St. Fidelis, Osman, founded in 1875 (organized 10 years earlier) and closed May 13, 1960.
- St. George, Centerville/Cleveland, founded 1861 and closed March 22, 1953.
- St. Isidore, Osman, founded in 1851 and closed January 14, 2001; merged July 1, 2001 into St. Thomas the Apostle Parish.
- St. Casimir, Northeim, founded 1868 and merged July 1, 2001, into St. Thomas the Apostle Parish.
- St. Wendel, Cleveland, founded 1855, merged July 1, 2001, into St. Thomas the Apostle Parish; closed June 30, 2002.
- St. Joseph, Alverno, founded 1872, merged July 1, 2001, into St. Thomas the Apostle Parish.
Share some experiences of change and growth happening in your parish.