Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity Novices and Postulants are shadowing experienced Catholic women religious in smaller community settings away from the Motherhouse in Wisconsin, Michigan and Mississippi convent locations January 1-8, 2011.
‘Franciscan Sisters shadowing’ is different than job shadowing. Involving the whole of life, new members will receive first-hand information about the personal skills needed to live in close Sisterly community and the blessings found in serving in a multitude of ministries among various people. Often, new friendships are developed based on quality time spent together.
These formative activity periods help her to experience the spirit and life of the Congregation, progressively to prepare and devote herself to its apostolic works, and to integrate her life of contemplation and action (FSCC Constitutions, VI, Norm 49b)
Just where are the Novices and Postulants being sent? Here’s a listing of this year’s week long mission assignments:
- Sister Pamela Catherine, St. Francis of Assisi Convent, Greenwood, MS
- Sister Monica, St. Christopher Convent, Marquette, MI
- Rose, St. Peter the Fisherman Convent, Two Rivers, WI
- Leslie, St. Agnes Convent, Green Bay, WI
- Holly, St. Paul Convent, Kaukauna, WI
- Lindsey, Roncalli Convent, Manitowoc, WI
Any comment? Watch for more photos and reflections from Novices, Postulants and Sisters. Find Sister Pamela Catherine, Sister Monica, Leslie and Holly on the slideshow. Click slideshow for larger images.