During National Vocation Awareness Week it is not unusual for Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity to be in more than one place at a time (in fact, that is is the blessing of being part of a Community of Sisters with lots of energy and personal God-given gifts!) This week (like any other week) we are deeply committed to inviting young women to consider our particular Franciscan Congregation. We can’t help it. We truly believe in the charism entrusted to us. We sincerely care about the people who we are blessed to serve.
To make this concrete, we share a few current calendar highlights that are truly supported by our lives of personal and communal prayer-especially daily Eucharist:
- Uploaded Camp Franciscan Day Registration links on the website for Manitowoc, WI. Click here if you would like to know more about this April 13, 2013 event.
- Worked on materials for Camp Franciscan Day in Greenwood, MS January 26, 2013.
- Confirmed Music Outreach practice for February 21, 2013. We are doing music ministry during the Februay 22-24 Vocation Discernment Retreat. Click here if you feel God is calling you to join us.
- Received a request from St. Theresa Parish, Kekaha, HI re: vocation skit for youth. A new creative text is in the making!
- Confirmed St. Matthew School, Green Bay, WI presentation later in the month.
- Invited young people from Yuma, AZ and West Point, NE to listen to our Song of the Month –Light for Everything (New) by Marcio Falchet-and make a comment. Click here if you would like to add your thoughts.
- Thanked our Sisters at Bapchule, AZ for uploading a new post to Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity St. Peter Indian Mission blog.Click here to read.
- Alerted others about Sister Carol’s latest Sierra Vista Sister-Franciscan Blog news.
Kiel, WI: Sister Karen Suhr and Postulant Rexann met with K-7 Religious Education students and then grades 8-11. There were 80 young people from Sts. Peter and Paul, Kiel; Holy Rosary, New Holstein; and St. Ann, St. Anna. The three parishes usually have their own religious ed program, but decided they would do a joint one for vocations.
Combined Locks, WI: Sister Mary Ann Spanjers was part of a vocation panel at St. Paul Parish for junior high and high school students. (Sister Julie Ann took pictures.)
Manitowoc, WI: dropped off vocation discernment retreat flyers with one of the St. Francis of Assisi Parish leaders who will be leading a weekend young adult retreat in IL.
Two Rivers, WI: organized music for Camp Franciscan musicians.
Toledo, OH: Vocation Team are visiting with a young woman considering the February 22-24 discernment retreat at a local coffee house. (If you have yet to contact us about being there as well, click here.)
Grand Blanc, MI: Vocation Team are visiting Sharon and Richard Peasel, parents of Sister Pamela Catherine. Vocation Awareness is all about being grateful for the families of our Sisters especially when we are near by.
no images were found