It is not every day that a convent cornerstone receives a second blessing. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity gathered in St. Mary Chapel to ritualize the preciousness of a renewed and resealed 1873 cornerstone of our Motherhouse, Holy Family Convent.
Specially chosen items are placed inside the stone’s copper box. Future generations of Sisters will be awed by artifacts telling about our Congregation. Eventually an outside ceremony will occur.
- The Community Roster for 2015 – 2016
- Necrology Book: Deceased Sisters as of Cornerstone Replacement
- Rule and Constitutions
- Card: Core Values Reaffirmed from 2013 Chapter
- Money: Statehood Quarters representing present missions: Wisconsin, Ohio, Nebraska, Mississippi, Michigan, Hawaii, Arizona and Florida; a penny from 2015, a dime from 2011, and a nickel from 1975
- List of 24 Community Members( includes two candidates) and 6 Missions when 1873 Cornerstone was Laid
- Mementos of 2015 Year of Consecrated Life and World Meeting of Families; Souvenir coin of Pope Francis.
- Franciscan Heritage: Photo of San Damiano Cross by Sister Mariella; Photo of our Sisters at the bottom of the Cross; pilgrimage bag from Assisi Pilgrimage; ceramic Pax Et Bonum tile; medal of St. Francis.
- Star of Hope – 125th Anniversary Booklet.
- Seven Decade Rosary with Clip: Sister Bonaventure Pegovich.
- Two wooden clothes pegs from the little house in Clark’s Mills.
- Sheet Music: Alverno Joys, Vocation Song, and Profession/Funeral music.
- Piece of two shades of green tatting done by Sister Donna Marie Kessler, previous Archivist
To read the entire prayer ritual with appropriate Scripture and prayers, click here: Blessing and replacement of the 1873 cornerstone
To read an explanation of each of the time capsule items, click above link.