Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Jacqueline Spaniola offered a recent Discernment of Spirits Retreat at St. Anne Parish, Chassell, Michigan. We’d like to share thoughts from the retreatants in hopes that others might still consider an April 21 retreat that we are hosting with the Cistercian Nuns at the Valley of Our Lady Monastery, Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin.
Here’s what touched the hearts of the young women from St. Albert the Great Campus Ministry, Houghton, Michigan.
- Biggest thing was learning about discerning spirits.
- The way in which struggles I have are connected.
- After learning the process of discerning God’s will, I went and prayed for Holy indifference. I would never have thought to ask for that grace.
- Some of the information were ideas that I had contemplated, but had a hard time putting into words. The time of silence to reflect and learn more touched by heart most.
- Today, God reiterated to me the goodness that He created me with and asked me to go back to just being with Him instead of always trying to ‘do’.
- Having the silence during the Reflection periods was a really beautiful way to help me to be open to listening to God in Scripture. He is so good!
To register for the April 21st Discernment of Spirits Retreat with Franciscan Sisters and Cistercian Nuns of Valley of Our Lady Monastery, Prairie du Sac, click here. Call or text Sister Julie Ann at 920-323-9632 with any questions or for more information. One on one time with Sister Jacqueline or one of the Cistercian Nuns is also built into the day for those who desire this time.