Tis the season for Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Kathleen Murphy’s annual recipe book project. Since she has both PreK and K children at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School in Greenwood, Mississippi, Sister ventured into pumpkin pie recipes and turkey recipes this Thanksgiving. Hope they bring you a smile. Feel free to share with someone else who needs a chuckle.
Read all the recipes here: turkeys and pumpkin pie recipes 2018
1. Get some pie mix from Big Star. It will cost $5. It will come in a bottle.
2. Bring it home and pour it all out and mix it with a cupful of sugar.
3. Get some white milk and dump in the whole bottleful.
4. Roll it out and put it in a pan and leave it there.
5. Go to the pumpkin patch and get a pumpkin that has been growing. Get one that is as big as a cantaloupe and it will cost $100.
6. Cut out a little piece and put it right in the pie.
7. Bake it and put the oven on 1. Keep it in there for 3 minutes.
8. You will know for sure that it is done, so you should come and get it out right away.
1. Buy a turkey at Walmart. Ask someone where the turkeys are and then go there.
2. Look for one that is tan.
3. Buy it and it will cost $5.
4. Take it back to the school.
5. You should wash it with a lot of hot water.
6. Put 1 spoonful of white powder inside and put 2 cups of white milk on top. The milk should be cold.
7. Put it in the oven and put the oven on 5. You should leave it there for 1 minute. You should check on it 6 times.
8. Open up the oven and see if it is hot. If it is hot then cut it in 9 pieces. That’s all.
May the Lord bless you and all who share your life today and every day!