This Thanksgiving Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are delighted to share some children’s turkey recipes from St. Francis of Assisi School, Greenwood, Mississippi. May it erupt a deep chuckle and light-hearted spirit to your Thanksgiving this year. May the Lord bless you and your family with an abundance of graces recognizing God’s nearness and great love for all.
1. Go to the regular woods that might be on Pilgrim Street in Mexico.
2. Go look for the ducks because that’s what my family eats for Thanksgiving. They will probably be in the pond and if I see a frog I will just throw it back in.
3. When I see the ducks I will shoot the mallard with my slingshot. I will get him with one shot.
4. Walk in the water with big large boots and get the duck.
5. Take him home and take the feathers out with a “twizzers”. Keep the feathers for pretend flying.
6. Get the insides out with the same twizzers and throw them out because they are creepy.
7. Take the eyeballs out too.
8. Put a lot of orange and white cheese inside the duck with the same amount of whipped cream.
9. Put 5 pinches of salt and 5 pinches of sugar on top and underneath the duck.
10. Put 1 pinch of pepper on top.
11. Put it in the oven and put the oven on 100.
12. Leave it in there for 4 minutes. When the oven dings then that means that it is done.
13. It will look nice and grilled, so cut it in 4 pieces. Use a big knife and be careful.
Read all recipes: turkey recipes 2020.