Now is a great time to ‘come and see’ the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. Jesus Himself invited others to come and see for yourself. We, too, invite young women to learn about who we are and what we are like by being with us at our Motherhouse or convents throughout the United States.
What touched the young women’s hearts during a recent weekend?
• Adoration time and thinking about the topics provided then. Just having some quality time with Jesus
• The St. Francis Chapel was beautiful and I loved the Mary stature and just all the detail of the artwork. The Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help was beautiful. Also just how wonderful all the Sisters are.
• I enjoyed the history of the building during the tour to see how rooted the church is in Christ.
• There’s a sense of comfort here at the Motherhouse. The Sisters are warm and generous. There’s so much art and life!
• Sister Jackie’s talk on the Bridegroom It was very beautiful to reflect on that within both vocations and how both vocations reflect that.
What part of the weekend did some of the young women find the most helpful?
• I found the trip to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help to be helpful. I had some time alone to think and pray without distraction.
• Having set adoration times and living in community with the sisters gave an insight into the lifestyle.
• Spending time and asking questions sitting with different sisters at meals and listening to their stories It is good to see the variety of people in this religious order.
• The quiet holy hours were very good but I also enjoyed playing with the younger sisters because it rounds out my perception of them as people who have individual gifts. It was easier to ask questions after that.
• I found the night we spent with the novices and postulant helpful because it was a good opportunity to get to know each Sisters’ life.
It is important to be willing to investigate, to ask, and consider who Jesus is. Each of us is also asked to consider how and why I would want to follow him. If you are a young women ages 20-32, you may find our Discernment of Spirits Retreat with the Cistercian Nuns helpful. Click here. If you are a young adult professional woman, you might consider our coming Franciscan Retreat. Click here for more information. Does the thought of designing your own visit sound like more your way of finding out God’s will? Call/text Sister Julie Ann at 920-323-9632 or click here.