Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Sharon Paul shares on a recent gathering with the Catholic Women’s Club from Christ Our Light Parish, Cambridge, Ohio.
Recently the Catholic Women’s Club in Cambridge, Ohio had their annual Christmas Party at “Theo’s Restaurant.” We enjoyed a delicious dinner and had a gift exchange. The President, Sandy Broom, provided the entertainment. All present were asked: Do you know what Catholic Women’s Club has done this year? After some moments of thoughtful silence, each of us brainstormed and came up with over twenty things that the group has done to help others locally and abroad.
- Donate to Homeless Shelter, St. Benedict’s School, nursing home in Cusco, Peru, Madonna Plan for pre-natal care, school in Haiti, local Pregnancy Center.
- Attend “Day of Spirituality”.
- Coordinate the “Living Rosary” teams.
- Sponsor a 14 yr. old girl from India,
- Offer Masses for Seminarians, Vocations and deceased CWC members.
- Attend Diocesan meetings and conventions.
- Do cards for homebound and nursing homes
- Provide funeral dinners and breakfast for Deacon gatherings.
The list goes on and on and many of us were enlightened and pleased to know the many material and spiritual works of mercy the CWC members have accomplished this year. Merry Christmas to all!