Young women abandoned all other plans to retreat with the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity in Manitowoc, WI on December 5-7, 2008. Sounds like mission impossible at this time of the year? Not really. Delving into mystery, the retreatants were prompted by God and made a choice to learn about the art of intimacy, contemplated the Blessed Mother’s life and focused on the season of Advent’s rich symbolism in communal and individual prayer experiences.
Other weekend highlights included:
- Evening lake-side bonfire
- Campfire conversation with Sister Marcolette Madden, OSF and Sister Caritas Marie Le Claire, OSF
- Solitude balanced with sharing with others
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Hiking in snow-covered trails
- Music Outreach at Saturday Evening Eucharist- St. Michael Parish, Whitelaw, WI
- One on one time with young women who are in the process of becoming Franciscan Sisters
- Sunday Eucharist and Morning Prayer with the Sisters
- Reflection on the Advent readings
- Healthy, plentiful meals
If you feel like you have read about these getaways before, you have. There are two more retreats planned February 20-22 and May 29-31, 2009.