Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Mary Ann Spanjers was present for the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point Catholic Newman Busy Student Retreat: Blessed are they. Blessed are you.
Prayer, preaching and dinner gathered together over 80 students for growing in their relationship with God and community-building February 13-17, 2011.
Pastor Father Tom Linders and Campus Minister Wendy Mitch organized the days. Retreatants were assigned to a particular director, invited to have a half-hour of uninterrupted quiet, read/reflect on daily Eucharistic readings, journal, as well as participate in evening prayer/preaching and daily Eucharist. Of course, good, home-style meals drew the hungry of body and soul.
Here are some questions Sister Mary Ann used with the students:
- What is your hope for this week of retreat?
- What signs have you experienced in your life? What is a sign you would like to receive?
- What are your fears? your strengths? Make a list of these.
- What do you pass every day without taking notice? Where would you like more clarity in your life?
- What are sacred places for you? Where do you go to find peace?