On Nov. 12-13, 2011, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity HealthCare Ministries Inc. gathered all of our Sisters involved in the healing ministry of Jesus at our Motherhouse in Manitowoc, WI. This meant our Sisters serving in Holy Family Convent Health Clinic and St. Rita’s Health Care Center were joined by others from nearby Holy Family Memorial, Manitowoc and St. Paul Elder Services, Kaukauna. Community members at Franciscan Care Services, West Point, NE and Genesis Health Care System, Zanesville, OH, also came the distance for the Health Assembly Program Making a Difference in Our Ministry.
- to discuss stewarding the ministry in a time of change
- to review the role and structure of sponsorship amid the reality of change
- to update participants on the various projects under consideration by the System
- to reflect on the effects of change in our personal lives
- to share our ministry stories with other Sisters in the service of healthcare.
Guest speakers included keynoter Sister Mary Haddad, RSM, who spoke on Stewarding the Ministry in a Time of Change and Judy Turba on Dealing with Change as a Sister, as a Sponsor, and as a Person. Franciscan Sisters Sister Laura Wolf, Sister Louise Hembrecht, Sister Patricia Linssen, Sister Helena Young and Sister Martin Flavin had significant roles in event planning and presenting.