Given the summer months are finally here, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are receiving significant ‘local’ inquiries to learn more about our particular Wisconsin Franciscan Sisterhood. Now by ‘local’, that means young women have contacted us that live within a few hours of Manitowoc.
- All young women already know something about St. Francis made more popular by Pope Francis’ selection of his name.
- Inquirers express a desire to give themselves totally to God and to serve Him in a world that needs Gospel values.
- Some are near the end of their high school years and wish to visit our Motherhouse at the same time as they are making visits to colleges of their choice.
- Another has worn steel toe shoes as a blue collar worker and desires to more freely share her faith with others.
- Some know our Sisters through some web of family-ties.
- Others learned about our Sisters through internet searches and diocesan paper ads and like the fact that we are near home.
- Others find our habit very simple, poor and practical , especially with the summer sun beginning to shine brightly.
Does this sound like you? We invite you to our July 14-16, 2013 Vocation Discernment Retreat. Contact us or message Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity on facebook for a tour of our Motherhouse or ask us questions that you might have re: our life style.