Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity share yet another step in TAU–a period of gradual preparation for the Postulancy in our Community. Held at our Motherhouse, a recent weekend focused on more immediate planning for Postulancy.
T-mutual testing by young woman and our Community of the authenticity of a call to be a Franciscan Sister
A-absorbing our particular Franciscan spirit and growing in feeling at home with us
U- gradual growth in understanding what it means to be in formation in our particular religious community i.e. greater self-understanding and knowledge of our Catholic Faith.
What was included in the planning?
- Eucharist and Liturgy of the Hours
- Meals with all of us in our convent cafeteria
- Conversation with Sister Pamela Biehl on the importance of Mass as ritual and the value of the Eucharist in the life of a Catholic Christian
- Group recreation led by Sister Anne Turba celebrating dances of various cultures in the world
- Personal time for reading and private prayer
- Conversation on A Book of Courtesy, The Art of Living With Yourself and Others by Sister Mary Mercedes, O.P.
Of primary importance, Sister Elaine Turba facilitated practical Postulancy needs.
- Selection of bedroom
- Postulancy habit shopping
- Selection of reading and hymns for the Insignia Ceremony on January 5, 2014