Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Joy Rose picked Awesome Granola found on the United States Department of Agriculture What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl website for our January recipe. Click here for more recipes perfect for college students on limited budgets or anyone trying to be healthy and watching food prices.
coconut (shredded or flaked)
pecans (chopped, walnuts or peanuts)
raisins (or add your own variations based on your budget!)
1. Heat oven to 350º F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except raisins, mix well.
2. Bake in 13×9 inch baking pan at 350ºF for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir every 5 minutes.
3. Stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly. Store in tightly covered container.
Electric Skillet Instructions:
1. Combine all ingredients except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
2. Set electric skillet at 300º F and stir mixture constantly until lightly browned.
3. Place in a bowl and stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly.
4. Store in tightly covered container.
1. Combine all ingredients, except raisins in a large microwave safe bowl; mix well.
2. Place in 11×7 in glass baking dish.
3. Cook at HIGH about 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after every 2 minutes of cooking; stir in raisins.
4. Place onto un-greased cookie sheet or aluminum foil to cool. Cool thoroughly. Store in a tightly covered container.