Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity share the Zanesville Times Recorder article on our ministries at Good Samaritan Hospital.
The original building opened in 1895. The current name was decided in 1902. But by many accounts, the hospital didn’t start to become a hospital until the nuns arrived.
Later this year, the Good Samaritan building is slated for demolition, and the new Genesis Hospital will take both its and Bethesda Hospital’s place in the community. For more than 100 years, the Good Samaritan has been a staple of health resources for the area. Click here to read more.