With the Coronavirus and the “stay-at-home” policy people are not able to go to a silent retreat at a retreat house. Instead, Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Jacqueline Spaniola would like to bring the retreat to you in your own home.
This retreat will be a silent guided retreat over ZOOM. You might be asking how is that possible?
We have attached a Schedule of the retreat for 3-full days (Friday 6:00 pm to Monday 6:30 pm CT): COMMITMENT for the Silent Guided Retreat.docx This is an extended weekend. You would have to take Monday off to really enter into the retreat.
1. May 15-18 Mixed Group (men and women) LIMIT 18
2. May 23-25 Women retreat only LIMIT 18
3. June 19-22 Women retreat only LIMIT 18
Quick Overview (more details are in the attached document-COMMITMENT for the Silent Guided Retreat.docx)
- 6:00 pm CT Friday – ZOOM session to go over the rhythm of the retreat. Followed by an introduction to begin the silent retreat
- 8:30 am CT Saturday, Sunday and Monday – ZOOM – Sr. Jacqueline will give an introduction to your prayer time (30-60 minutes).
Prayer time follows the introduction
- AFTERNOON Saturday, Sunday and Monday – ZOOM you will have a Spiritual Direction at an appointed time with your Spiritual Director. Prayer time follows the spiritual direction session (30-60 minutes).
- 6:00 pm CT Saturday, Sunday we will gather on ZOOM to pray night prayer (10-15 minutes)
- 6:30 pm CT on Monday we will gather to share graces, and to evaluate the retreat
For more details, go to the attachment for the daily schedule.
If you feel this retreat is a good fit for you, please click the link and register for the weekend that is best for you. Retreats are open to a limited number of retreatants.
If you have any questions, please call or text Sister Jacqueline at 906-231-6862. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are grateful for collaboration with St. Albert the Great Catholic Campus Ministry, Houghton, Michigan. Listen to Jessica talk about what the retreat meant for her.