Sister Anne Marie Lom, OSF, is the Director of the St. Francis House of Prayer, Manitowoc, where she coordinates spiritual offerings, retreat ministry, and continuing formation opportunities. She served for six years as a Council Member of the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. She was also a Spiritual Director at St. Raphael Parish in Oshkosh for over ten years. She has taught prolifically, serving for almost fifteen years as Campus Minister and Religious Studies Instructor at Roncalli High School. She earned a B.A. in Education and an M.A. in Applied Spirituality and a Certificate of Internship in Franciscan Spirituality and Spiritual Direction.
Franciscan Sister of Christian Charity Sister Anne Marie Lom shares an opportunity for anyone looking for a class on the art of spiritual companioning.
The Art of Spiritual Companioning is a five-week certificate program, designed to deepen the skills needed to guide others on their spiritual journeys. Each week includes a three-hour Zoom session, incorporating practice sessions, assigned readings and reflection. Registration is now available.
Each week, we’ll build the relationship between the companion and the divine, the relationship between the client and the divine, the relationship between the companion and the client and the personal and professional development of the companion.
Topics will be covered according to the needs of participants and include:
- Distinguish between spiritual direction and spiritual companioning. Construction of spiritual timeline. Reflections on readings. Organize triads for discussion.
- Develop a mentor, peer supervision group and other methods for self-care. Construct a rubric for client meetings. Reflections on readings. Triad work.
- Evaluate processes and techniques used with suggestion for more beneficial learning. Reflections on readings. Triad work.
- Participate in guided meditation. Summarize content and evolving awareness in oral presentation. Reflections on readings. Triad work. Initiate “client” meeting.
- Reflections on readings. Triad work. Conclude “client” meeting. Express importance of leave-taking, closure and expressions of gratitude
Add Depth to Your Profession
- IF YOU ARE A SOCIAL WORKER OR OTHER THERAPIST working with clients who’d like to explore their spirituality.
- IF YOU ARE A RELIGIOUS LEADER OR COUNSELOR guiding others on their spiritual path.
Gain a Meaningful Credential
Upon completion of the certificate program, you will receive an exclusive UW-Green Bay digital badge, validating your capability as a spiritual guide.
Take the Next Step
Let UW-Green Bay help deepen your knowledge. The Spiritual Companioning certificate is $299 for all sessions.