Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity and Poor Clares of Sauk Rapids, MN collaborated for a Silent Discernment of Spirits Retreat Day on October 8, 2016. Franciscan Sister Jacqueline Spaniola facilitated the day giving presentations on St. Ignatius’ 22 Rules of Discernment. Sister Anne Turba and Sister Julie Ann Sheahan assisted with organization.
Here’s what 9 retreatants -all from the state of Minnesota-had to say about the experience.
What touched your heart during the retreat?
- A greater awareness of the depth and stages in discernment
- Really the whole Discernment of Spirits retreat was helpful!
- I really enjoyed praying with the Sisters. I also got a chance to talk with one of the Sisters and even though I was nervous, it was really nice.
- The things from the last points on God’s will
- God touched my heart and helped to make things more clear.
- Applying the rules to my life
- Examples of discernment times brought back things that happened in my life and God was working.
- Silent prayer
- Questions and answers and time to talk to the Poor Clares.
Interested in our next discernment event? We invite you to click here. If you are interested in our planning a Discernment of Spirits Day near you, call or text Sister Julie Ann at 920-323-9632.